Monday, December 16, 2019

Discipleship and Ice Cream

As I sit here this morning, having done my own spiritual disciplines, my thoughts have moved to the young man who is having surgery today for an aneurysm in his heart. He is very fearful and his wife is very concerned. Bonnie and I will be sitting with her during the surgery this morning. Sometimes the best that I can do is be present which is very difficult sometimes with a busy church.

I am also thinking about the Carter family who today is in Indiana sharing in another funeral service and laying their father in his final physical resting place. We know where his spiritual body is and he was such a man of faith. He reminded me that  true discipleship is about being kind, generous and love. Loving our neighbor in such a way that their lives are better for knowing us and have the ability to know God through our love. Being generous that allows us to take our abundance and make the world better. And finally, loving one another, especially our family by making time for them. He also reminds us that yes, there is always ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment