Thursday, December 12, 2019

Let's start over

It has been a while since I posted on my blog and I am not sure who if any of you are still following. If you are it would be nice if you left a comment or two to let me know. My life is wonderful and complicated as a Senior Pastor of a mid size church in Northern Virginia. We have been growing steadily over the last three and one half years, from 207 average worship attendance to 297 as of this week. We Methodist are anything if not methodical. There is much turmoil in who we will be after general Conference in May and my prayers are that we find a way to stay united, even if we disagree on issues. The Methodist Church is my home and I love it beyond measure. It is a place of compassion and love, not hate and anger as some would desire. It is a place where all can feel welcomed, at least in the churches that I serve and have served.

I have received great love here in Springfield as I have throughout my now 19 years of ministry. I have weathered difficult people and situations during those times, no more so than in the last 12 months from a limited few people bent on stopping what I hope to achieve, love and welcoming for all. I will be posting sermons again starting with those from October forward of this year. To listen to them go to the Sydenstricker UMC webpage. https://www.sydenstrickerumc.org/, where they are posted or our Facebook pages. https://www.facebook.com/SydenstrickerUMC.

Again, if you are following I will attempt to post weekly if not more often, but let me know you are there.

Love you, Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment