Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 1 - A New Beginning

Well it has officially been a week since my Quad By-Pass surgery. To believe that I would be sitting, talking and taking short walks is an incredible statement to the power of God's grace and the power of God's healing through the Doctor's, the surgery, and the nurses care. To reflect back now on the last several years, I have been sick for some time and just did not realize that my tiredness and inability to exercise was the blockage. Today is a day of relaxation with some moderate exercise, and time to reflect on this new beginning that God has given to me. What ministries does God want to share with me in my life? What leadership is God calling me to with the church in order to proclaim the Kingdom? I think these are relevant questions for each of us as Christians each and every day. But how more dramatic it becomes when you realize that this physical life can be cut short due to illness. And when given the opportunity to overcome that obstacle, as I did last Monday, what responsibilities are brought with that great blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment