Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 2 begins

I continue my journey in this life changing event in my life. Bonnie and I have reflected on how long I have suffered and did not realize how sick my heart was. God has definitely blessed me that I did not have a heart event before they realized that my heart had four plugged lines in it. Today my exercise steps up from 10 minutes 3 times a day to 15 minutes 2 times a day. Five minutes is a lot. Did not make it the first time, only was able to do 12 before becoming tired. But I know it is important to push oneself in order to get back healthy.
Our spiritual life is just like that. I remember some time back hearing about broken hearts being mended and how those mends leave rough edges. And yet God's love can smooth even the roughest edge, not just forgiving us but working hard to bring us back into a reconciled relationship with God. If only we humans could learn to do the same things. My children could learn a lesson here.
This week I get stitches removed and that all initial follow-up doctors visit which comes on Friday. But as always, as Paul reminds us, we must persevere and run the good race for the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment