Monday, July 2, 2012

Week 4 begins

I know, what happened to week 3? Well truth is that today is the 3 week anniversary of my surgery so technically we are beginning week 4. I think that is right anyway. Good news this last week. Getting stronger each day as Bonnie and do our daily walk. The heat has kept us from walking with the exception of the morning walk but we are up to 15 minutes continuous at the moment. Today I am supposed to walk 20 minutes but at the moment its raining so hopefully after it quits.
The surgeon released me. He spent about 40 minutes with us Friday checking me out and explaining everything I have encountered so far and things I will encounter as I recover. He showed us the blockages and its amazing that I am here. God's grace was evident in the pictures.
His nurse asked me a question that I am pondering. She asked, "What am I going to do with this gift?" What do we do with the gifts of God? Do we squander them in our human desire for more? Or do we become Kingdom people who focus on building that which is eternal? What is it that God is going to expect of me now that he has given me life from the clutches of what could have been death?
My work will continue with an added focus on reaching the lost. Even though I serve an established church, to get folks reaching out to the community is almost like creating a new church plant within the walls of the old church. We each have opportunities to share and witness to the power of God each day of our lives. I guess the question we need to ask is, "What do we do with the gifts of God?"

1 comment: